Indiscrete Combinatorial System

...philosophy is for robots

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Wheel of Fire

I was out riding the furthest fenceposts of the Triple P and meditating on God's Purpose For Us All when all of a sudden there came a sound of stampeding cattle like the Lord's own thunder. I helped myself to the Colt on my belt and whirled around on my Appaloosa stallion, Big Jim by name, but there were no hell-bent kine to be seen. Instead --the Lord God as my witness-- there came out of the smokey evening sky a great wheel of fire. Tremendous it was and slick as a rattler. A sort of blue lightning would every now and then flick down from its whirling girth, snapping up the sleeping cows like a frog after flies. Now a cow is money to a man like me, a man who makes and stakes his life on the life and safety of his herd. I wasn't some weak American to take this kind of insult from some book-of-ezekiel reject. I clicked the heavy hammer back on the Colt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home